The following series are the heart of the From Lust to Love ministry. The Christian world is filled with information on how to setup barriers to temptation and how to function in accountability groups.
But there is a large gap in information as far as how God’s design for our sexuality is actually better than any fantasy we could entertain.
Read the series posts below to find out what how God’s promises are better than lust’s:
Little Known Truths About the Christian’s Body
What does it mean to have a body? Does God care about my body or just my soul? Is my body being sanctified or just my soul? If our body is going to be resurrected then why work so hard to take care of it now?
Check out some of the answers to these questions below."Show
- Stewardship and Sanctification of Your Body
- What is the Relationship Between the Body and Soul?
- God’s Investment in Your Body
- Your Body is Not the Enemy
- The Battle: Sin Nature vs. New nature
- How "The Body is for the Lord" is a Little Known Truth
- How Sex Glorifies God
- What Does It Mean That A Wife Has Authority Over Her Husband’s Body?
- How to Apply the Eight Truths About Your Body Every Day
The Lust Killing Gospel: 6 Aspects of the Gospel that Overpower Our Desire to Lust
In 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 alone there are six different aspects of the Gospel that Paul stacks together to motivate the sex-crazed Corinthians to flee sexual immorality. We will take a close look at those in this series."Show
- Introduction: Finding the Gospel in Paul’s Rebuke
- You are Meant for Pleasures Your Current Body Can’t Even Handle
- Say Goodbye to Inner Conflict. Forever.
- 4 Surprising Ways to Get the Respect You Need
- Say Goodbye to Weakness. Forever.
- Say Goodbye to Emptiness. Forever.
- The intimacy of being members of Christ’s body
- The comfort of being one Spirit with Christ
- The power of being a temple of the Holy Spirit
- The relief of not belonging to yourself
- The value of being purchased by the precious blood of Christ
Growing in Self Control
The Bible talks very highly of those who have self control and commands that all seek this trait. But if it is a fruit of the Spirit and not of our own efforts then how are we to be intentional about growing in self control? How do we not just sit back and wait for it to come someday, when we need it now? Read this upcoming series to find out.
How to Look Forward to a Heaven Without Marriage or Sex
As we talked about in this post, sometimes the "heaven" of lust can sound far more appealing than the true heaven God has for us. In fact, that’s all a fantasy is: imagining yourself in your idea of heaven. How can we truly be convinced of the fact that the true heaven without marriage or sex is going to be better than any heaven we could imagine? Read this upcoming series to find out.